After Hillary Clinton accused Donald Trump during Monday’s debate of saying sexist things about former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, Trump has now responded by urging supporters to watch Machado’s alleged sex tape.
In a blast of tweets during the early hours of Friday morning, Trump said Machado was his “worst Miss U”:
He called Machado a “con”:
And he told his Twitter followers to watch alleged sex tapes of Machado, while claiming that Clinton’s team used her as a pawn:
Myth-busting website Snopes found that Machado has not, in fact, starred in any pornographic films. She did appear on the Spanish reality show La Granja in 2005 where she reportedly was filmed having sex with a cast mate, but Snopes writes that the tape “is nothing more than some grainy, night-vision footage of a couple of covered figures writhing in a bed, [which] hardly qualifies as explicit. And reality television being what it is, the scene the tape depicts was quite possibly staged or fabricated.”
As for her “past”: Shortly after she was crowned Miss Universe, Machado was accused of being involved in an attempted murder, but the charges were dropped. Speaking on CNN this week, Machado said of the incident, “You know, I have my past. Of course, everybody has a past. I’m not a saint girl. But that is not the point now.”
Machado has been working with the Clinton campaign this year and did recently become a citizen and will vote against Trump, but there is no evidence that Clinton’s campaign had anything to do with her citizenship.
Trump’s smear campaign against Machado began in the late 1990s, with the comments that Clinton dredged up in the debate. At the time, he allegedly called Machado, who is Venezuelan, ‘Miss Housekeeping’ and ‘Miss Piggy’ when she gained weight after she was crowned Miss Universe at age 19.
Along with advancing sordid theories about Machado’s past, Trump continues to double down on his initial criticism of her weight. “She was the winner, and she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem,” he said on Fox and Friends the morning after the debate.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive