(Reuters) – Swedish music-streaming service provider Spotify is in advanced talks to acquire German rival SoundCloud, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing people briefed on the discussions.
SoundCloud’s founders and investors were exploring strategic options for the company, including a sale, that could value it at $1 billion, Bloomberg reported in July, citing people familiar with the matter. (http://bloom.bg/2cCRsOI)
The FT story did not provide more details. (http://on.ft.com/2cCSqKX)
Music-streaming companies have struggled to turn a profit amid rising competition from larger players such as Apple Inc .
Amazon.com Inc is also preparing to launch a standalone music-streaming subscription service, Reuters reported in June, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
SoundCloud declined to comment, while Spotify could not immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Ismail Shakil in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk