It turns out Carrie wasn’t always ready for commitment behind the scenes either: Sarah Jessica Parker said she almost didn’t take her famous Sex and the City role.
She told Jimmy Kimmel about her indecision on Jimmy Kimmel Live Wednesday night, after he brought up how she was one of the first movie stars of her time to cross over to television. Parker said she “loved the script” for the show’s pilot when she read it, but she “completely forgot” about it after they filmed the first episode.
By the time the pilot did well and HBO decided to move forward with the series, Parker told Kimmel she said, “I don’t know, I don’t know. I feel like the moment passed. Maybe I’m not so keen to commit…”
“But I was foolish,” Parker added to Kimmel, “The people wisely talked me out of it. And I went to the set the first day and never looked back.”
Watch the full segment above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve