Vice President Joe Biden made a cameo appearance on the latest episode of Law and Order: SVU Wednesday night.
Biden’s guest appearance was the crown jewel of an episode already overstuffed with delightful pop culture touchstones. Henry Thomas, the actor who once upon a time played Elliott in E.T.: The Extraterrestrial, played a man found guilty of rape then later cleared on flawed DNA evidence — only to be suspected in a more violent crime later on. If this premise sounds familiar, it’s because it’s a nod to the wildly popular Netflix series Making a Murderer.
His fans mostly seemed delighted just to see him.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve