Selena Gomez is the first celebrity to reach 100 million followers on Instagram, and she hasn’t even posted anything on her account since August.
The 23-year-old actress and singer, who is currently taking a break from social media and public life because of lupus side effects, which include anxiety and depression, ranked as the most followed person on Instagram in July with 89.2 million fans. By pushing into 100 million followers, she hit a new milestone.
The record number of followers cements Gomez as the reigning queen of Instagram, an unofficial title she’s held since July, when a photo she posted became the most liked on the platform, with more than 5.6 million likes.
Gomez outranks fellow Instagram celebrities like Taylor Swift (91.5 million followers), Beyoncé (85.4 million followers) and Kim Kardashian (83.7 million followers).
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now