“Now I’ve just left another marriage, it’s starting to look irresponsible and people are saying I’m having a midlife crisis, and ‘What is she doing?’ ” Gilbert said in a Facebook Live chat Tuesday.
The Eat, Pray, Love author said in a Sept. 7 Facebook post that she and Elias were friends for 15 years before she realized her “true feelings.” Elias is currently battling pancreatic and liver cancer, and Gilbert promised to be by her side.
Before marrying Nunes – who inspired the “love” portion of her famous memoir – Gilbert was wed to Michael Cooper until 2002.
Gilbert further explained Tuesday of leaving Nunes, “All I’m doing is telling the truth, again, and again, and again. In a way that says, ‘This isn’t working for me, I have to do this now.’ ”
When she initially broke the news of her new relationship, Gilbert wrote, “I need to live my life in truth and transparency, even more than I need privacy, or good publicity, or prudence, or other people’s approval or understanding, or just about anything else.”
Gilbert’s 2015 book, Big Magic, is now available in paperback.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer