This is charmingly evident in a very, very British interview for Interview published Wednesday, where Cumberbatch interviewed Hiddleston about everything except Hiddleswift (out of, you know, respect for his dear friend’s personal space and privacy.)
All in all, Cumberbatch stated that he and Tom were friends no less than four times and also managed to sneak in a humblebrag about spending the night at Tom’s house.
Read on for the highlights of a bromance in bloom.
Tom on gratitude and their everlasting friendship:
“Thank you, Benedict. We should just thank each other for our time. For the rest of our lives.”
Benedict on Tom’s winsome ways:
“And, g-dd-mmit, it’s only that English smile and charm that you have, that would let you get away with the murder that you must normally get from your makeup artists and your dresser.”
Benedict on being friends IRL and not just for this interview:
“I am, thankfully, now stopping and have time to talk to you, my friend, which is really nice, even though our words are being recorded and printed. We should have a conversation when we hang up.”
Benedict on having a complete honesty policy in their friendship:
“Do you have a fear of anything that could get in the way of that? I mean, it’s like asking somebody who’s seemingly invincible what they fear most. Don’t feel burdened to answer. Tell me to f-ck off if you want. You can, because I’m your friend.”
Benedict on respecting Tom’s personal life decisions and questionable romantic choices:
“And, without getting into a huge debate, I just want to say that I’m not going to ask questions about my friend’s personal life just because there are unsolicited photographs of him and a certain someone, in a relationship or together. I’m not going to get into that. So that door is closed, dear reader.”
And finally, Benedict and Tom’s adorable sign-off to each other:
“My friend, thanks for doing this.”
“I will wish you sweet dreams there on the far side of the world. See you back in London, then.”
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'