The two protestors who tried to storm the Dancing With the Stars stage after Ryan Lochte’s Sept. 12 appearance have been charged with interfering with a performance and leaving a spectator area and entering upon a stage.
Barzeen Soroudi, 25, and Sam Sotoodeh, 59, tried to get on stage wearing anti-Lochte T-shirts, upset about his vandalism incident in Rio, the L.A. Times reports. Security guards quickly halted their progress. They were charged on Monday and face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
Host Tom Bergeron called the incident “a little unnerving,” and Lochte said it left him feeling “a little hurt.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow