The actor said he is skipping the Wednesday screening so he can remain “focused on his family.”
“Terrence’s Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experiential IMAX film for children and families chronicling the birth of time,” he said in a statement. “I’m very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I’m currently focused on my family situation and don’t want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see.”
Pitt serves as the narrator of the documentary.
Jolie, 41, filed for divorce from Pitt, 52, in a Los Angeles court Sept. 19, stating that she separated from the Allied star on Sept. 15 – just one day after the couple and son Maddox, 15, were involved in an alleged altercation aboard their private plane.
The actress requested sole custody of their six children: Maddox, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow