“As a child of divorce, all I can say is that’s terrible news for those children and that’s all you can really say,” the 45-year-old Leftovers actor told Business Insider Monday during a press tour for his new film The Girl on the Train, out Oct. 7.
Theroux’s wife, Jennifer Aniston, was married to Pitt for five years before their divorce in 2005.
“It’s boring to sort of comment on anything else,” Theroux added. “People are having a bad time. That’s horrible.”
He also slammed what he called “nonsense” attempts to drag Aniston into the divorce drama.
“There’s an endless appetite for trash, apparently – though everyone would say that they don’t have that appetite,” he explained. “But I think a lot of people do because people buy it.
Theroux continued: “But there are bigger things to bitch about. It’s shocking how much bandwidth things can take up when there are far more important things going on in the world.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time