Justin Theroux has spoken out about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie‘s split.
“As a child of divorce, all I can say is that’s terrible news for those children and that’s all you can really say,” the 45-year-old Leftovers actor told Business Insider Monday during a press tour for his new film The Girl on the Train, out Oct. 7.
Theroux’s wife, Jennifer Aniston, was married to Pitt for five years before their divorce in 2005.
Pitt, 52, and Jolie, 41 – who married in 2014 after 10 years of dating – have six children together: Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
“It’s boring to sort of comment on anything else,” Theroux added. “People are having a bad time. That’s horrible.”
He also slammed what he called “nonsense” attempts to drag Aniston into the divorce drama.
“There’s an endless appetite for trash, apparently – though everyone would say that they don’t have that appetite,” he explained. “But I think a lot of people do because people buy it.
Theroux continued: “But there are bigger things to bitch about. It’s shocking how much bandwidth things can take up when there are far more important things going on in the world.”
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement