During a concert in Atlanta as part of her Formation world tour, Beyoncé paid tribute to one of the city’s most beloved figures in rap, Shawty Lo, who tragically passed away less than a week ago in a fatal car accident.
Queen Bey took time between sets to dance to Shawty Lo’s “Dey Know,” which she mixed with her song, “Diva” and was met with lots of love from the crowd.
Bey’s Atlanta concert also housed some very famous fans, ranging from Atlanta music legends like T.I., Jeezy, The Dream, and Ludacris to up-and-coming artists like Young Thug and Migos. Industry vets like DJ Khaled and Jermaine Dupri were also on deck to watch the queen slay.
Watch the full tribute to Shawty Lo below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow