In a unique attempt to get people to the polls on Nov. 8, popstar Katy Perry has stripped off in a funny clip by Funny or Die and Rock the Vote.
The short movie shows Perry, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter, waking up at 10am on the morning of Election Day, with her hair unruly and covered in bits of popcorn.
“November 8th is Election Day and I’ve got some great news,” she says. “This year, you can look like sh*t when you vote. Yep, I’ve briefly scanned the constitution and nowhere does it say you can’t just roll out of bed and come to the polls in whatever state you woke up in. In the name of democracy, any just-out-of-bed look is a-okay.”
The clip follows Perry to her local polling station where she explains that you can vote in a child’s onesie, an oversized t-shirt or even covered in slime. To prove her point that you can even vote naked, the star strips off her stars and stripes pajamas – only to be tackled by two police officers.
“I read the constitution, I know that I have the right to vote naked,” she complains, to which one of the officers asks her “Did you read it or did you just briefly scan it?”.
The clip ends with Perry – who described the footage on Twitter as “using my body as click bait to help change the world” – admitting that you do, indeed, have to wear clothes at the polling station.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time