The first televised showdown between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was the most-tweeted presidential debate ever, according to Twitter.
The social network provided the receipts, as millions of tweets were sent out during as the two candidates duked it out during the 90-minute debate.
Trump was the most talked about candidate on both Facebook (79% of the conversation) and Twitter (62% of the conversation)—not that all of that chatter was positive.
The Republican also had the top moment on social media: when he exclaimed that his best quality was his “temperament.” That remark, and Clinton’s response, was the most talked about moments on both social networks.
Other top moments include Trump’s comments on New York City’s now defunct stop-and-frisk policy and an exchange with Clinton on a plan for defeating ISIS.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space