In case you missed this vitally important tidbit tucked away in Ali Wong’s truly enjoyable New Yorker profile, the kind folks at Vulture have highlighted it — apparently, the pithy Baby Cobra comedian and comedy actor Randall Park want to make a romantic comedy together.
According to Wong, the pair have been talking about making this rom-com for years, which she called “our version of When Harry Met Sally,” which sounds like a dream come true — and a welcome change for a genre in need of more diversity.
Park and Wong have known each other for years (she participated in a comedy-and-theatre group that he co-founded; he would stay on her couch when he performed in her hometown of San Francisco) and currently work together on Fresh Off the Boat, where she writes and he acts.
Fingers crossed that this project becomes a reality.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer