Created by Daimaou under the guise of his character Piko-Taro — a singer songwriter with a penchant for mixed animal prints — “PPAP” has been viewed more than 3 million times since it was posted on YouTube in August.
The tune runs about a minute long and features largely nonsensical lyrics about combining fruits with pens combined with a series of rhythmic dance moves.
Watch the video below.
[h/t The Verge]
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time