Created by Daimaou under the guise of his character Piko-Taro — a singer songwriter with a penchant for mixed animal prints — “PPAP” has been viewed more than 3 million times since it was posted on YouTube in August.
The tune runs about a minute long and features largely nonsensical lyrics about combining fruits with pens combined with a series of rhythmic dance moves.
Watch the video below.
[h/t The Verge]
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears