Created by Daimaou under the guise of his character Piko-Taro — a singer songwriter with a penchant for mixed animal prints — “PPAP” has been viewed more than 3 million times since it was posted on YouTube in August.
The tune runs about a minute long and features largely nonsensical lyrics about combining fruits with pens combined with a series of rhythmic dance moves.
Watch the video below.
[h/t The Verge]
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time