Tom Hanks has long been considered one of America’s favorite actors, so it should come as no surprise that he continues to live up to the reputation. The Sully star crashed a wedding photo shoot in Central Park Sunday, pausing mid-jog to congratulate the couple.
After shaking the groom’s hand, kissing the bride’s hand and posing for some pictures, Hanks even offered to preside over the ceremony, according to The Huffington Post. “He asked if they needed a wedding officiant, because he is an ordained minister,” photographer Meg Miller said.
He then posted a selfie with the pair on his Instagram, writing, “Elizabeth and Ryan! Congrats and blessings! Hanx.”
Read more at HuffingtonPost.com.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating