A freighter found a missing young man alive on an inflatable life raft on Sunday, eight days after he and his mother disappeared during a fishing trip off the coast of Rhode Island.
Nathan Carman, 22, was floating on a raft south of Martha’s Vineyard, but the location of his mother Linda Carman, 54, is still unknown. The U.S. Coast Guard undertook a massive search when the pair went missing after leaving a Rhode Island marina in a 31-foot aluminum fishing boat, the AP reports.
Nathan Carman is listed as being in good condition. He and Linda Carman fish together regularly, Linda Carman’s friend told the Courant.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.