A toddler accidentally shot a 12-year-old in Donelson, Tenn. on Sunday morning
Police said the 12-year-old child was accidentally shot in the leg and taken to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital with non life-threatening injuries, The Tennessean reported.
Police Capt. Jason Reinbold told The Tennessean officers learned a 12-year-old was accidentally shot by another child. WATE-TV reports a 2-year old fired the gun.
Nashville police did not immediately respond to request for comment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement