Six people were stabbed with a pocket knife at a large house party in Pasadena, Calif., early Saturday morning, police said.
One suspect, who police said acted alone, has been taken into custody and will be charged with attempted murder, Lt. Vasken Gourdikian of the Pasadena Police Department told TIME.
Police responded to the house at 3:10 a.m. and arrested the suspect, 21-year-old Aaron Te.
Gourdikian said it’s not yet clear what the motive was, but the incident began when a fight broke out at the party.
The six victims, all of whom are men in their early 20s, are expected to recover, Gourdikian said. Two are critical but stable condition, and four suffered moderate to severe injuries.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms