Six people were stabbed with a pocket knife at a large house party in Pasadena, Calif., early Saturday morning, police said.
One suspect, who police said acted alone, has been taken into custody and will be charged with attempted murder, Lt. Vasken Gourdikian of the Pasadena Police Department told TIME.
Police responded to the house at 3:10 a.m. and arrested the suspect, 21-year-old Aaron Te.
Gourdikian said it’s not yet clear what the motive was, but the incident began when a fight broke out at the party.
The six victims, all of whom are men in their early 20s, are expected to recover, Gourdikian said. Two are critical but stable condition, and four suffered moderate to severe injuries.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.