Budding Star Wars star Daisy Ridley deleted her personal Instagram in August of this year, leaving her 2.3 million followers to wonder why she decided to depart from the wildly popular social media platform.
Now, a month later, Ridley is breaking her silence on the topic. Sky reports that while at the Student Academy Awards in Los Angeles, Ridley said that she left Instagram because of the pressure that she felt documenting her life, especially as she continued to grow as a person.
“I felt a pressure being on it,” she said. “I was like ‘I need to post. Oh my God, it’s been this many days’. It’s actually been kind of nice not to be on it. I’m 24. I have a lot of growing up to do. I have to deal with loads of stuff myself personally. For that to be projected with millions of people watching, that is like a bit of an extra pressure.”
Ridley hasn’t completely ruled out the prospect of returning to the ‘Gram, however.
“I think some people handle it well. Just right now it’s not for me, but who knows.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears