Usain Bolt has always admitted his disdain for training. So who’s the person he singles out for inspiring him over the past year, who may have played a role in Bolt winning three more gold medals—and thrilling the world—during last month’s Rio Olympics?
Kevin Hart, naturally.
Yes, Bolt insists that the diminutive comedian helps drive him. “He works out so much,” Bolt says. “No matter what time, if he has to go on set, he gets up early and gets an hour in, or whatever time he trains for. And then he gets to work. You know what I mean? It motivates me. Cause I’m like, I’m an athlete, and he’s not. And he works so hard. He motivates me to want to do better.”
On behalf of all sports fans who enjoy watching Bolt break barriers: thanks, Kevin, for being a fitness fiend.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving