Warning: This post contains spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Although the events of The Force Awakens led viewers to believe that Princess Leia (now General Organa) and Han Solo broke up because of their son Ben’s decision to turn to the dark side and become Kylo Ren, Carrie Fisher — who plays Leia in the space fantasy saga — has a different opinion on the matter.
During a recent interview at the Saskatoon Comic & Entertainment Expo, the 59-year-old actress revealed the real reason everyone’s favorite Star Wars romance came to an end. “He smuggled way too much,” she said. “And girls, I know you don’t want your husband smuggling, do you? Hanging out with the hairy guy [Chewbacca] too often. I think there are a lot of problems with that. He wouldn’t take me on the hyperspace thing enough… [that’s a] euphemism.”
Watch the clip below.
[h/t Jedi News]
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World