Warning: This post contains spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Although the events of The Force Awakens led viewers to believe that Princess Leia (now General Organa) and Han Solo broke up because of their son Ben’s decision to turn to the dark side and become Kylo Ren, Carrie Fisher — who plays Leia in the space fantasy saga — has a different opinion on the matter.
During a recent interview at the Saskatoon Comic & Entertainment Expo, the 59-year-old actress revealed the real reason everyone’s favorite Star Wars romance came to an end. “He smuggled way too much,” she said. “And girls, I know you don’t want your husband smuggling, do you? Hanging out with the hairy guy [Chewbacca] too often. I think there are a lot of problems with that. He wouldn’t take me on the hyperspace thing enough… [that’s a] euphemism.”
Watch the clip below.
[h/t Jedi News]
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate