Chris Pratt may be starring in the rough-and-tumble Western reboot of The Magnificent Seven, but that whole rugged cowboy character he plays is, well, acting—particularly when it comes to his prowess at riding horses. In an interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers, the ever-candid Pratt admitted that he has a fraught history with horseback riding, and isn’t exactly the greatest at understanding how to make a horse behave while on its back.
“Bad. Bad—that’s how I would describe my horse-riding skill,” he told Meyers, going on to tell a story of a romantic horseback ride with a paramour gone haywire. (Spoiler: the girl saved the day, luckily for Pratt.)
Hopefully his lack of innate equine ability didn’t get in the way of selling the character in the movie, which is out Friday, Sept. 23.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org