When Seth Meyers found out NBC wanted him to be friends with Miley Cyrus, he knew he was going to have to work hard to impress her. During Thursday’s “Forced Friendship” segment on Late Night, the host went to great lengths to prove he is just as young and hip as The Voice’s newest coach — including getting his septum pierced and hiring a 30-year-old man to impersonate a starstruck teen.
“I was just trying to be cool and connect with you, but I’m not cool. I’m so lame,” Meyers lamented at the end of the bit. “My idea of rebelling is going a day without shampoo.”
Watch the full clip above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow