When Seth Meyers found out NBC wanted him to be friends with Miley Cyrus, he knew he was going to have to work hard to impress her. During Thursday’s “Forced Friendship” segment on Late Night, the host went to great lengths to prove he is just as young and hip as The Voice’s newest coach — including getting his septum pierced and hiring a 30-year-old man to impersonate a starstruck teen.
“I was just trying to be cool and connect with you, but I’m not cool. I’m so lame,” Meyers lamented at the end of the bit. “My idea of rebelling is going a day without shampoo.”
Watch the full clip above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time