When Seth Meyers found out NBC wanted him to be friends with Miley Cyrus, he knew he was going to have to work hard to impress her. During Thursday’s “Forced Friendship” segment on Late Night, the host went to great lengths to prove he is just as young and hip as The Voice’s newest coach — including getting his septum pierced and hiring a 30-year-old man to impersonate a starstruck teen.
“I was just trying to be cool and connect with you, but I’m not cool. I’m so lame,” Meyers lamented at the end of the bit. “My idea of rebelling is going a day without shampoo.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was