When Seth Meyers found out NBC wanted him to be friends with Miley Cyrus, he knew he was going to have to work hard to impress her. During Thursday’s “Forced Friendship” segment on Late Night, the host went to great lengths to prove he is just as young and hip as The Voice’s newest coach — including getting his septum pierced and hiring a 30-year-old man to impersonate a starstruck teen.
“I was just trying to be cool and connect with you, but I’m not cool. I’m so lame,” Meyers lamented at the end of the bit. “My idea of rebelling is going a day without shampoo.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now