When Rihanna had not yet heard a response from French president Francois Hollande, she took a brief break from being on the receiving end of Drake’s undying love professions to follow up with the world leader the way any self-respecting millennial would — by hitting him up on social media.
The Anti singer took to Twitter to check in with Hollande regarding a letter that she had sent him regarding her #EducationCannotWait campaign in connection with social justice organization Global Citizen, whose NYC festival she’ll be headlining this fall, alongside Kendrick Lamar and Major Lazer.
This isn’t the first time that Rihanna’s turned to a politician to help her cause. Last week, she memorably petitioned her fan base to hit up Canadian heartthrob and prime minister Justin Trudeau to talk about education and health care reform.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now