Tom Hardy is back with a vengeance — and potentially supernatural abilities — in a creepy new promo for Taboo, a fresh FX series starring the Mad Max: Fury Road actor and produced with Oscar-nominated director Ridley Scott.
Hardy plays James Keziah Delaney, an early-19th-century shipping heir who returns to London to take over his late father’s company after a long absence in Africa, during which he’s been presumed dead as well.
“I have sworn to do very foolish things,” Hardy says menacingly in the clip. It’s only twenty seconds, but it does show off the extreme body art of the notoriously intense actor. Also: diamonds. Also: plenty of gritty 19th-century atmosphere shots. (Or see here for a previous trailer.) There’s no premiere date yet, but it should drop in early 2017, according to the promo. Until then, you can get your Hardy fix on Netflix with his portrayal of another brutal British gangster-type in Peaky Blinders.
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now