Tom Hardy is back with a vengeance — and potentially supernatural abilities — in a creepy new promo for Taboo, a fresh FX series starring the Mad Max: Fury Road actor and produced with Oscar-nominated director Ridley Scott.
Hardy plays James Keziah Delaney, an early-19th-century shipping heir who returns to London to take over his late father’s company after a long absence in Africa, during which he’s been presumed dead as well.
“I have sworn to do very foolish things,” Hardy says menacingly in the clip. It’s only twenty seconds, but it does show off the extreme body art of the notoriously intense actor. Also: diamonds. Also: plenty of gritty 19th-century atmosphere shots. (Or see here for a previous trailer.) There’s no premiere date yet, but it should drop in early 2017, according to the promo. Until then, you can get your Hardy fix on Netflix with his portrayal of another brutal British gangster-type in Peaky Blinders.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working