For anyone who has needed more than one go-around to decide on the perfect caption for a photo, Instagram has finally come to the rescue. The picture-sharing app rolled out a drafts feature Tuesday, allowing users to save an edited photo at any point throughout the uploading process.
And using the new tool is easy. After adding an effect, filter, caption or location to a photo, simply hit the back arrow at the top left of the screen to make the “Save Draft” or “Discard” screen appear. Once it’s saved, you can find your creation under the “Drafts” tab in “Library” by tapping the camera button at the bottom center.
While you can’t modify any of the changes you made to the photo itself the first time, this system is still a vast improvement to having to start from scratch.
Happy editing, Instagrammers.
[h/t Huffington Post]
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow