SuZen, a muralist and noted cat lover in New York City, is taking her passion for felines even more public by hosting a dedicated “Cat Purrrty” this month, the “first annual purrrty for cat lovers.” The artist is known for a longstanding mural in Times Square (it’s been up since 1984) —and for her prolific cat-centric art works, from a book documenting the love story of her two pets Sushi and Sashimi, to her design for the “JacCAT,” an Indiegogo-funded jacket that recreates a feline silhouette on its front.
At the Cat Purrrty on September 28 — which SuZen plans to host in the Westbeth Community Space in Manhattan’s iconic Greenwich Village — attendees will listen to a carefully curated playlist of cat-focused tunes, DNAInfo reports (so that would include tracks like “What’s New, Pussycat?” and music from the soundtrack of Cats). There will also be cat ears available to wear, and a face painter “specializing in whiskers and noses” to help guests get fully into cat character.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com