Spring is in the air — at least in the southern hemisphere — and Google’s celebrating with the release of a new Doodle.
As fall weather hits the north, people in the southern hemisphere begin to unbutton their winter coats, store away the space heaters, and bring out the backyard barbecues to watch their gardens bloom.
“As the earth’s axis tilts closer to the sun and the days grow longer, plants, trees and buds come alive and “spring forth.” Here’s to fresh beginnings, new growth, and warmer days. Happy first day of spring!” Google wrote on their website.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief