It’s become one of the classic segments of latenight television: Jimmy Kimmel Live!’s “mean tweets,” the self-roasting phenomenon that is both cringeworthy and, ultimately, a reminder that some insults are just plain funny. During Wednesday night’s show, we got another installment of the crowd favorite, this time featuring heartthrobs like Hugh Grant, Paul Rudd, and Kate Hudson.
Kate Hudson read her social media insult, “Kate Hudson is a dead eyed trash bag that smells like low tide,” while Paul Rudd read his even deeper dig: “Paul Rudd is the most boring vanilla dude. You know he just sits at home with his wife having a bland spaghetti dinner talking about his day,” which he thought was a laugh riot. Hugh Grant wasn’t quite as amused as others.
Watch the clip to see how thick-skinned (or not) these celebrities really are.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org