It’s become one of the classic segments of latenight television: Jimmy Kimmel Live!’s “mean tweets,” the self-roasting phenomenon that is both cringeworthy and, ultimately, a reminder that some insults are just plain funny. During Wednesday night’s show, we got another installment of the crowd favorite, this time featuring heartthrobs like Hugh Grant, Paul Rudd, and Kate Hudson.
Kate Hudson read her social media insult, “Kate Hudson is a dead eyed trash bag that smells like low tide,” while Paul Rudd read his even deeper dig: “Paul Rudd is the most boring vanilla dude. You know he just sits at home with his wife having a bland spaghetti dinner talking about his day,” which he thought was a laugh riot. Hugh Grant wasn’t quite as amused as others.
Watch the clip to see how thick-skinned (or not) these celebrities really are.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears