It’s become one of the classic segments of latenight television: Jimmy Kimmel Live!’s “mean tweets,” the self-roasting phenomenon that is both cringeworthy and, ultimately, a reminder that some insults are just plain funny. During Wednesday night’s show, we got another installment of the crowd favorite, this time featuring heartthrobs like Hugh Grant, Paul Rudd, and Kate Hudson.
Kate Hudson read her social media insult, “Kate Hudson is a dead eyed trash bag that smells like low tide,” while Paul Rudd read his even deeper dig: “Paul Rudd is the most boring vanilla dude. You know he just sits at home with his wife having a bland spaghetti dinner talking about his day,” which he thought was a laugh riot. Hugh Grant wasn’t quite as amused as others.
Watch the clip to see how thick-skinned (or not) these celebrities really are.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror