It’s become one of the classic segments of latenight television: Jimmy Kimmel Live!’s “mean tweets,” the self-roasting phenomenon that is both cringeworthy and, ultimately, a reminder that some insults are just plain funny. During Wednesday night’s show, we got another installment of the crowd favorite, this time featuring heartthrobs like Hugh Grant, Paul Rudd, and Kate Hudson.
Kate Hudson read her social media insult, “Kate Hudson is a dead eyed trash bag that smells like low tide,” while Paul Rudd read his even deeper dig: “Paul Rudd is the most boring vanilla dude. You know he just sits at home with his wife having a bland spaghetti dinner talking about his day,” which he thought was a laugh riot. Hugh Grant wasn’t quite as amused as others.
Watch the clip to see how thick-skinned (or not) these celebrities really are.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement