1. If humans want to travel to other planets, we’ll need to learn how to hibernate.
By Evan Ackerman in IEEE Spectrum
2. Can the New York Times and Google save commenting on the Internet?
By Benjamin Mullin at Poynter
3. To stay alive, firefighters are using the technology NASA created to keep rovers from getting lost on Mars.
By Emily Matchar in Smithsonian
4. Same-day payment is a key factor for survival in the gig economy.
By Ellen Huet in Bloomberg Technology
5. Want to boost your pain threshold? Watch a sad movie.
By Emily Underwood in Science Magazine
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement