If anyone knows a thing or two about breakups, it’s Adele.
The singer said hello to the sold-out Madison Square Garden crowd in New York City Tuesday night, before dedicating the second of her six nights at the venue to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
A few songs into her show, the Grammy winner asked if she could “address the elephant in the room,” saying news of the Hollywood couple’s divorce marks “the end of an era,” according to fans who posted on Twitter. Playing “2 hours of misery,” as she put it, the British singer-songwriter, whose 2011 album 21 was largely about a personal breakup and the ensuing heartache, led the audience “in a group Brangelina breakup therapy session,” said one person on social media, adding, “Also, there are songs.”
Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt Monday, citing irreconcilable differences. She did not request spousal or child support, but did ask for physical custody of the six children she shares with Pitt. The two married in August 2014.
This article originally appeared on Ew.com
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement