If anyone knows a thing or two about breakups, it’s Adele.
The singer said hello to the sold-out Madison Square Garden crowd in New York City Tuesday night, before dedicating the second of her six nights at the venue to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
A few songs into her show, the Grammy winner asked if she could “address the elephant in the room,” saying news of the Hollywood couple’s divorce marks “the end of an era,” according to fans who posted on Twitter. Playing “2 hours of misery,” as she put it, the British singer-songwriter, whose 2011 album 21 was largely about a personal breakup and the ensuing heartache, led the audience “in a group Brangelina breakup therapy session,” said one person on social media, adding, “Also, there are songs.”
Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt Monday, citing irreconcilable differences. She did not request spousal or child support, but did ask for physical custody of the six children she shares with Pitt. The two married in August 2014.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer