If anyone knows a thing or two about breakups, it’s Adele.
The singer said hello to the sold-out Madison Square Garden crowd in New York City Tuesday night, before dedicating the second of her six nights at the venue to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
A few songs into her show, the Grammy winner asked if she could “address the elephant in the room,” saying news of the Hollywood couple’s divorce marks “the end of an era,” according to fans who posted on Twitter. Playing “2 hours of misery,” as she put it, the British singer-songwriter, whose 2011 album 21 was largely about a personal breakup and the ensuing heartache, led the audience “in a group Brangelina breakup therapy session,” said one person on social media, adding, “Also, there are songs.”
Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt Monday, citing irreconcilable differences. She did not request spousal or child support, but did ask for physical custody of the six children she shares with Pitt. The two married in August 2014.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate