Nashville-based alt-rock band COIN have just released their new music video for single “Talk Too Much,” and although you may not know the band yet, you might want to keep it in your back pocket. The track is a peppy, foot-tapping tune with echoes of rock groups Vampire Weekend or Matt & Kim and it will get stuck in your head on the first listen. But the sunny vibe packs a tongue-in-cheek punch: the lyrics are all about the peril of idle gossip.
“Stay cool, it’s just a kiss / why you gotta be so talkative?” pleads spritely lead singer Chase Lawrence, as the colorful video takes us through the fast-paced rounds of a doomed game of that childhood favorite: telephone. As expected, the message may get mangled in the mix. But don’t get it twisted: the song itself is easy listening.
You can catch COIN, who have previously toured with groups like Passion Pit and Walk The Moon, on tour this fall with the Bad Suns.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy