Nashville-based alt-rock band COIN have just released their new music video for single “Talk Too Much,” and although you may not know the band yet, you might want to keep it in your back pocket. The track is a peppy, foot-tapping tune with echoes of rock groups Vampire Weekend or Matt & Kim and it will get stuck in your head on the first listen. But the sunny vibe packs a tongue-in-cheek punch: the lyrics are all about the peril of idle gossip.
“Stay cool, it’s just a kiss / why you gotta be so talkative?” pleads spritely lead singer Chase Lawrence, as the colorful video takes us through the fast-paced rounds of a doomed game of that childhood favorite: telephone. As expected, the message may get mangled in the mix. But don’t get it twisted: the song itself is easy listening.
You can catch COIN, who have previously toured with groups like Passion Pit and Walk The Moon, on tour this fall with the Bad Suns.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time