Nashville-based alt-rock band COIN have just released their new music video for single “Talk Too Much,” and although you may not know the band yet, you might want to keep it in your back pocket. The track is a peppy, foot-tapping tune with echoes of rock groups Vampire Weekend or Matt & Kim and it will get stuck in your head on the first listen. But the sunny vibe packs a tongue-in-cheek punch: the lyrics are all about the peril of idle gossip.
“Stay cool, it’s just a kiss / why you gotta be so talkative?” pleads spritely lead singer Chase Lawrence, as the colorful video takes us through the fast-paced rounds of a doomed game of that childhood favorite: telephone. As expected, the message may get mangled in the mix. But don’t get it twisted: the song itself is easy listening.
You can catch COIN, who have previously toured with groups like Passion Pit and Walk The Moon, on tour this fall with the Bad Suns.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate