Nashville-based alt-rock band COIN have just released their new music video for single “Talk Too Much,” and although you may not know the band yet, you might want to keep it in your back pocket. The track is a peppy, foot-tapping tune with echoes of rock groups Vampire Weekend or Matt & Kim and it will get stuck in your head on the first listen. But the sunny vibe packs a tongue-in-cheek punch: the lyrics are all about the peril of idle gossip.
“Stay cool, it’s just a kiss / why you gotta be so talkative?” pleads spritely lead singer Chase Lawrence, as the colorful video takes us through the fast-paced rounds of a doomed game of that childhood favorite: telephone. As expected, the message may get mangled in the mix. But don’t get it twisted: the song itself is easy listening.
You can catch COIN, who have previously toured with groups like Passion Pit and Walk The Moon, on tour this fall with the Bad Suns.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org