Good news, dating app users: here’s one more filter to help narrow down your swipe-able options. Behemoth matchmaking app Tinder has announced a partnership with Spotify, enabling users to sync the music streaming service to appear on their dating profile… and giving potential matches the ability to judge your music taste at will.
There are two integrations: first, you can select an “anthem” that will be presented on your profile as your favorite song. And second, your top artists will now be publicly displayed for perusal by possible suitors. This is actually an excellent additional metric to apply to your swiping activities, as music choice is a nicely multidimensional change of pace from the superficiality of a select number of over-processed pics, and can even predict compatibility. But it also ups the ante on creating that perfect profile.
“Welcome to a completely new sensory experience on Tinder,” the app wrote on its blog. Choose your anthem wisely.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating