Lin-Manuel Miranda is nothing if not resourceful. The Hamilton creator proved that he could make a musical out of even the most unorthodox materials when he crafted a musical for GQ, completely comprised entirely of tweets by Donald Trump.
While holding court on the top floor of a New York City sightseeing tour bus, Miranda sang tweets that the presidential candidate had written.
A choice example? “”Happy Thanksgiving to all–even the haters and losers” and other holiday greetings, which Miranda miraculously made sound like full-fledged songs for what the magazine titled, Trump the Musical.
You can watch Miranda sing his heart out below.
Read the full profile at GQ.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out