But as he chatted with Kimmel — who was also nominated in the category — about how deserving he felt Live! and the other nominated shows were of the award, Kimmel chimed in with a complaint. “Can I just say that I don’t feel like you really mean that,” he said.
Oliver, of course, insisted he was being sincere, prompting Kimmel to reveal that his guest was reading off cue cards.
Watch the full clip above.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023