The epitome of celebrity buzz in the early-aughts, Brangelina, has come to an end after nearly 12 years of jet-setting, adopting and birthing babies, and collaborations; on Tuesday, the news broke that Angelina Jolie was filing for divorce from Brad Pitt, effectively breaking hearts all over the world in the process.
But while Brad and Angie have called it quits, it doesn’t mean that we can’t appreciate the evolution of their style during their relationship. In fact, if there’s one thing that can remain a constant about this celebrity couple, it’s that they knew how to work a look together, whether they were walking the red carpet or on the street.
Jolie has long been lauded for her minimalist but seductive looks, often choosing all-black ensembles paired with daring accents — leather pants, a plunging neckline, or a pair of strappy heels, while Pitt’s devil-may-care looks (remember his starkly bleached highlights during the Gwyneth era?) from his early years matured into roguish sophistication alongside Jolie’s louche elegance.
The pair often opted for his-and-hers looks while attending events, whether wearing matching monochromatic outfits on the red carpet or (memorably) his-and-hers tuxedos at the British Film Awards in 2014. So while their marriage might be ending, it’s worth remembering that style is forever.
Look back at happier — and impeccably dressed — times for Brangelina, in the slideshow above.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive