The epitome of celebrity buzz in the early-aughts, Brangelina, has come to an end after nearly 12 years of jet-setting, adopting and birthing babies, and collaborations; on Tuesday, the news broke that Angelina Jolie was filing for divorce from Brad Pitt, effectively breaking hearts all over the world in the process.
But while Brad and Angie have called it quits, it doesn’t mean that we can’t appreciate the evolution of their style during their relationship. In fact, if there’s one thing that can remain a constant about this celebrity couple, it’s that they knew how to work a look together, whether they were walking the red carpet or on the street.
Jolie has long been lauded for her minimalist but seductive looks, often choosing all-black ensembles paired with daring accents — leather pants, a plunging neckline, or a pair of strappy heels, while Pitt’s devil-may-care looks (remember his starkly bleached highlights during the Gwyneth era?) from his early years matured into roguish sophistication alongside Jolie’s louche elegance.
The pair often opted for his-and-hers looks while attending events, whether wearing matching monochromatic outfits on the red carpet or (memorably) his-and-hers tuxedos at the British Film Awards in 2014. So while their marriage might be ending, it’s worth remembering that style is forever.
Look back at happier — and impeccably dressed — times for Brangelina, in the slideshow above.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time