Dubbed Brangelina by the media shortly after falling for each other on the set of their film Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2004, the couple — who has six children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox, together —made headlines throughout their nearly 12-year relationship.
Here’s what the the Internet had to say about the A-list split:
Many went the obvious route — Jennifer Aniston memes:
Although some didn’t appreciate those jokes:
Several weighed in on the grim state of 2016:
Others were just openly distraught:
We’ll miss you, Brangelina.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time