After the news broke Tuesday morning that Angelina Jolie had reportedly filed for divorce from Brad Pitt, social media was immediately awash with reactions to the heartbreaking announcement.
Dubbed Brangelina by the media shortly after falling for each other on the set of their film Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2004, the couple — who has six children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox, together —made headlines throughout their nearly 12-year relationship.
Here’s what the the Internet had to say about the A-list split:
Many went the obvious route — Jennifer Aniston memes:
Although some didn’t appreciate those jokes:
Several weighed in on the grim state of 2016:
Others were just openly distraught:
We’ll miss you, Brangelina.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement