Dubbed Brangelina by the media shortly after falling for each other on the set of their film Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2004, the couple — who has six children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox, together —made headlines throughout their nearly 12-year relationship.
Here’s what the the Internet had to say about the A-list split:
Many went the obvious route — Jennifer Aniston memes:
Although some didn’t appreciate those jokes:
Several weighed in on the grim state of 2016:
Others were just openly distraught:
We’ll miss you, Brangelina.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science