Dubbed Brangelina by the media shortly after falling for each other on the set of their film Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2004, the couple — who has six children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox, together —made headlines throughout their nearly 12-year relationship.
Here’s what the the Internet had to say about the A-list split:
Many went the obvious route — Jennifer Aniston memes:
Although some didn’t appreciate those jokes:
Several weighed in on the grim state of 2016:
Others were just openly distraught:
We’ll miss you, Brangelina.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com