A few weeks ago, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shared some concept art for “the smoldering” Dr. Bravestone, the character he plays in the Jumanji reboot. Now, Kevin Hart has revealed the final product not just for Johnson’s character, but for Hart’s and co-stars Karen Gillan’s and Jack Black’s, too. Nick Jonas has also been confirmed for the cast, but is not pictured, so fans will simply have to use their imagination instead.
“Day 1 of shooting Jumanji is officially in the can. We had a amazing first day. The chemistry & energy of our cast & crew was beyond amazing!!!! This movie is going to be dope as hell….Can’t wait to get back to work tomorrow @therock @karengillanofficial & jack black!!! #Jumanji,” Hart captioned the picture on Instagram.
The photo also seems to make it clear that, as Johnson promised, the new take on Jumanji will not simply be a remake of the classic Robin Williams movie. Instead, the film be a “re-imagining” of the story, based on Chris Van Allsburg’s original book, and would honor Williams’s name and the character he played in the film, Alan Parrish.
Jumanji is expected to be in theaters in summer 2017.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive