A few weeks ago, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shared some concept art for “the smoldering” Dr. Bravestone, the character he plays in the Jumanji reboot. Now, Kevin Hart has revealed the final product not just for Johnson’s character, but for Hart’s and co-stars Karen Gillan’s and Jack Black’s, too. Nick Jonas has also been confirmed for the cast, but is not pictured, so fans will simply have to use their imagination instead.
“Day 1 of shooting Jumanji is officially in the can. We had a amazing first day. The chemistry & energy of our cast & crew was beyond amazing!!!! This movie is going to be dope as hell….Can’t wait to get back to work tomorrow @therock @karengillanofficial & jack black!!! #Jumanji,” Hart captioned the picture on Instagram.
The photo also seems to make it clear that, as Johnson promised, the new take on Jumanji will not simply be a remake of the classic Robin Williams movie. Instead, the film be a “re-imagining” of the story, based on Chris Van Allsburg’s original book, and would honor Williams’s name and the character he played in the film, Alan Parrish.
Jumanji is expected to be in theaters in summer 2017.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was