A few weeks ago, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shared some concept art for “the smoldering” Dr. Bravestone, the character he plays in the Jumanji reboot. Now, Kevin Hart has revealed the final product not just for Johnson’s character, but for Hart’s and co-stars Karen Gillan’s and Jack Black’s, too. Nick Jonas has also been confirmed for the cast, but is not pictured, so fans will simply have to use their imagination instead.
“Day 1 of shooting Jumanji is officially in the can. We had a amazing first day. The chemistry & energy of our cast & crew was beyond amazing!!!! This movie is going to be dope as hell….Can’t wait to get back to work tomorrow @therock @karengillanofficial & jack black!!! #Jumanji,” Hart captioned the picture on Instagram.
The photo also seems to make it clear that, as Johnson promised, the new take on Jumanji will not simply be a remake of the classic Robin Williams movie. Instead, the film be a “re-imagining” of the story, based on Chris Van Allsburg’s original book, and would honor Williams’s name and the character he played in the film, Alan Parrish.
Jumanji is expected to be in theaters in summer 2017.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time