Ever since the TV adaptation of Friday Night Lights first graced us with its heartfelt Southern perfection in 2006, the marriage of the dependably flawless Tami Taylor (that hair! that wine!) and the series’s moral center Coach Taylor has come to be regarded as one of the most ideal depictions of a real-life partnership in television, as the loving duo managed to weather the storms of career challenges, parenthood, and plenty of drama. Ten years later (and five years after saying goodbye to their Dillon, Texas set), stars Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler have both moved on to new roles in separate series (Nashville and Bloodline, respectively). But their bond remains just as strong as ever.
Before the Emmy’s on Sunday, Britton shared a thoughtful birthday shoutout to Emmy-nominated Chandler — even throwing in a “clear hearts, full eyes” comment in the caption.
But the kicker was an adorably blurry selfie the two took together at the big event, both unable to contain their grins — and clearly still sharing just as much friendly chemistry as ever before.
Naturally, Friday Night Lights fans were thrilled to see that the two still embody the ultimate in couple goals. Texas — and Tami and Coach Taylor — forever.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time