President Obama joked about Donald Trump’s admission that he was born in the United States in a speech to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Saturday.
“I don’t know about you guys, but I am so relieved that the whole birther thing is over,” he said at the 46th annual Phoenix Awards dinner. “I mean, ISIL, North Korea, poverty, climate change — none of those things weighed on my mind like the validity of my birth certificate.”
Here is a transcript of the speech.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time