Game of Thrones became the most decorated scripted show in Emmys history Sunday, winning awards for Best Writing, Best Directing and Best Drama to bring the series’ all time total to 38. And while none of its nominated actors — Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clark, Lena Headey and Maisie Williams — brought home an individual trophy, the cast still seemed to have an incredible time.
Here are a few of the highlights from their record-breaking night.
Clarke received an adorable note from Jimmy Kimmel’s mom. “Have fun tonight!,” it read. “Win or lose, your mom will always love you. Don’t get drunk. XOXOXO Joann (Jimmy’s mom).”
They all met Leslie Jones.
Harington hung out with Stranger Things’ Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown).
Sophie Turner and Williams showed off their Thrones-inspired matching tattoos.
There were some groupings we never knew we needed.
And others we never get tired of seeing.
Never change, Game of Thrones cast, never change.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now