Amy Schumer didn’t just tout her outfit when she hit the Emmys red carpet. Outside the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, Schumer listed her Vivienne Westwood dress and Tom Ford shoes before adding that she was wearing an O.B. tampon.
The unexpected and envelope-pushing red carpet response prompted cheers online, seen below beneath video of the interview.
Schumer’s Inside Amy Schumer picked up an Emmy for Outstanding Directing for a Variety Series at the Creative Arts Emmys. The series is also nominated for Outstanding Writing and Outstanding Sketch Series, with Schumer contending for a Lead Actress in a Comedy Series trophy.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science