Leslie Jones asked accounting firm Ernst & Young to use its talents to protect something more sensitive than the Emmys winners during a bit at the awards show Sunday night.
“I really appreciate all the hard work that you do. But let’s be real: Y’all are protecting something that nobody is trying to steal. Don’t nobody want to know about boring Emmy secrets,” said the Saturday Night Live star. “But since you’re good at keeping things safe, I’ve got a job for you: my Twitter account. Put that in the vault, please.”
“Y’all over here using your skills to protect best voiceover in a French sitcom. Meanwhile, I’m butt-naked on CNN. I just wanted to feel beautiful, y’all. Can a sister feel beautiful?” she asked the audience to cheers.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy