Britney Spears may be living the dream as one of the most successful, famous, and beloved pop singers in the world, but she occasionally reflects on what life would be like in a different line of work.
In a new interview with British music outlet NME, Spears has considered trading in her fame, fortune, and Las Vegas residency for books, a chalkboard, and a classroom full of children.“Sometimes I’m like, ‘What am I doing? Like, I could be a teacher,’” she told NME. “But then I see other people doing it, too, and I’m like, ‘Well, you know, it’s probably all they’ve known for so long, so it just kind of makes sense’.”
Spears may not be swapping the VMAs for the SATs any time soon, but she did live out her dream of teaching recently when she took over a dance class. She showed natural teaching ability, too, breaking down her moves into an easy-to-follow format and showing the lucky group of girls some of the secrets to her incredible choreography.
While Spears clearly has a knack for teaching, don’t expect her to live out her educational dreams anytime soon. “I love what I do,” she told NME. “I think that helps because it speaks for itself when I perform. Seeing other artists continue to do this kind of thing inspires me too.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This