The preview for the highly-anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey sequel — starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan — was watched 114 million times in the first 24 hours of its release, according to The Hollywood Reporter, 2 million more than the 112 million mark set by The Force Awakens.
Within the first hour of its debut, the Fifty Shades U.S. Facebook page alone had recorded more than 2.5 million views for the trailer. However, it was internationally that it truly shone, racking up 74.6 million total views across its 32 foreign markets.
Fifty Shades Darker is set to hit theaters Feb. 10.
Watch the trailer below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State