The preview for the highly-anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey sequel — starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan — was watched 114 million times in the first 24 hours of its release, according to The Hollywood Reporter, 2 million more than the 112 million mark set by The Force Awakens.
Within the first hour of its debut, the Fifty Shades U.S. Facebook page alone had recorded more than 2.5 million views for the trailer. However, it was internationally that it truly shone, racking up 74.6 million total views across its 32 foreign markets.
Fifty Shades Darker is set to hit theaters Feb. 10.
Watch the trailer below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating