The preview for the highly-anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey sequel — starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan — was watched 114 million times in the first 24 hours of its release, according to The Hollywood Reporter, 2 million more than the 112 million mark set by The Force Awakens.
Within the first hour of its debut, the Fifty Shades U.S. Facebook page alone had recorded more than 2.5 million views for the trailer. However, it was internationally that it truly shone, racking up 74.6 million total views across its 32 foreign markets.
Fifty Shades Darker is set to hit theaters Feb. 10.
Watch the trailer below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time