Fashion designer Tom Ford made a splash with his directorial debut, the 2009 film A Single Man, so expectations are high for his sophomore effort, Nocturnal Animals. The film, which stars Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal, premiered at the Venice Film Festival earlier this month, and now that the trailer was released Thursday, the general public can get its first glimpse as the first trailer has finally been released.
In Nocturnal Animals, which is based on Austin Wright’s 1993 novel Tony and Susan, Adams stars as Susan, an art gallery owner who is shaken up by the return of her ex-husband Edward (Gyllenhaal) who has written a novel based on their relationship. Based on the trailer, it looks like a sleek, stylish thriller that captures the visual splendor that has become Ford’s cinematic hallmark.
Nocturnal Animals will be in theaters on November 18. Read TIME’s review here. Watch the trailer below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating