Fashion designer Tom Ford made a splash with his directorial debut, the 2009 film A Single Man, so expectations are high for his sophomore effort, Nocturnal Animals. The film, which stars Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal, premiered at the Venice Film Festival earlier this month, and now that the trailer was released Thursday, the general public can get its first glimpse as the first trailer has finally been released.
In Nocturnal Animals, which is based on Austin Wright’s 1993 novel Tony and Susan, Adams stars as Susan, an art gallery owner who is shaken up by the return of her ex-husband Edward (Gyllenhaal) who has written a novel based on their relationship. Based on the trailer, it looks like a sleek, stylish thriller that captures the visual splendor that has become Ford’s cinematic hallmark.
Nocturnal Animals will be in theaters on November 18. Read TIME’s review here. Watch the trailer below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.