Fashion designer Tom Ford made a splash with his directorial debut, the 2009 film A Single Man, so expectations are high for his sophomore effort, Nocturnal Animals. The film, which stars Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal, premiered at the Venice Film Festival earlier this month, and now that the trailer was released Thursday, the general public can get its first glimpse as the first trailer has finally been released.
In Nocturnal Animals, which is based on Austin Wright’s 1993 novel Tony and Susan, Adams stars as Susan, an art gallery owner who is shaken up by the return of her ex-husband Edward (Gyllenhaal) who has written a novel based on their relationship. Based on the trailer, it looks like a sleek, stylish thriller that captures the visual splendor that has become Ford’s cinematic hallmark.
Nocturnal Animals will be in theaters on November 18. Read TIME’s review here. Watch the trailer below.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk