A Colorado high school girl in the running for her school’s homecoming court showed off a winning sense of humor that eventually nabbed her the coveted homecoming queen title, according to ABC 11.
Sarah MacDonald has garnered not only the honor of being homecoming queen but also the queen of the internet’s hearts by dressing up in an inflatable T-Rex costume (complete with a festive yellow tutu, because, this was a formal occasion, after all) to claim her rightful crown. No bouffant dress or copious amounts of Aqua Net needed.
All hail Sarah McDonald, homecoming queen, sartorial dinosaur extraordinaire, and all-around national treasure.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment